The imagined dichotomy between Spirit and flesh (or emptiness and form) is radically false. No such split has occurred or will occur. Existence is never dual.
- Fundamentally, there is no dilemma. No split, no gap, no division. The war between Spirit and flesh must be utterly abandoned.
- One need not choose between Spirit or flesh; indeed, no such alternative is possible! Spirit is Reality, and flesh (or all form) is the function of Reality. The first cannot be attained; the latter cannot be avoided or rejected.
- Try and try and try to rise above the body and all forms and functions. All such striving shall be only dilemma, and in vain.
- Ascetic strivers who seek to escape upwards out of the body (into the subtle realms above) seek to achieve the impossible. No matter how abstracted one becomes, one is still compelled to breathe, drink, eat, urinate and defecate, to sleep and dream.
- The body and its changes (and all phenomena and all changes) can never be escaped.
- Understand: There is no escape. Now cease altogether your struggles to escape!